Potential buyers get an impression of your home – either positive or negative – within 30 seconds of walking through the door. Having them see your home in tip-top selling shape is an absolute must.
There are countless ways to put the freshest face on your home, many of them costing little more than a bit of your time. Here are a few pointers for the most significant impact:
Outside: The Power of Curb Appeal
• Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
• Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
• Sweep sidewalks, porch and driveway.
• Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
• Put all toys away.
• Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof shingles.
• Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave your house while it's being shown to potential buyers. Your presence can make them feel anxious and awkward.
Write a letter about your neighborhood that I can share with potential buyers. Include information on local events, neighborhood amenities and other factors that define the community.
Inside: Leave No Trace
Clean everything! Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards – everything.
De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home's appeal.
• Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
• Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish wood floors.
• Add fresh flowers or plants, but don't overdo it.
• Maximize your home's natural light by opening blinds and shades.
• Do a smell check and address any odors.
• Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
I can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of local buyers.
My local expertise, experience in other markets, combined with the power and influence of RE/MAX, enables me to help achieve all your objectives in your home purchase or sale. Call me, Lynn Thompson to discuss today's Real Estate opportunities.
Jimmy John's slices our all-natural meats and fresh veggies in-house every day. Our fresh-baked bread is made right here where you can see it, and our house-made tuna salad is fresh every day. The flavor of a ripe tomato, crisp shredded lettuce, combined with fresh-baked bread, fresh-sliced meat and real Hellmann's mayo - that's when the magic happens. Made with love every single day since 1983. That's Jimmy Fresh!
Boji Bay Funhouse Pavilion
2501 Boji Bend Dr
Milford, IA 51351
Boji Bay Funhouse Pavilion offers a LOT.
Facilities Include: Banquet area with a giant indoor rug slide, kitchen/catering, Bar area, Conference Room, 2 Outdoor Pools, Boji Bay Legacy Park Concert area, mini golf, as well as the Clubhouse restaurant.
One can rent out the pools for a concert, or the Banquet area for weddings/parties.