Potential buyers get an impression of your home – either positive or negative – within 30 seconds of walking through the door. Having them see your home in tip-top selling shape is an absolute must.
There are countless ways to put the freshest face on your home, many of them costing little more than a bit of your time. Here are a few pointers for the most significant impact:
Outside: The Power of Curb Appeal
• Clear any clutter and keep lawn decorations to a minimum.
• Mow your lawn and trim shrubs.
• Add bushes and/or colorful flowers.
• Sweep sidewalks, porch and driveway.
• Remove or update any dated or personalized fixtures.
• Put all toys away.
• Fix damaged gutters, shutters, siding or roof shingles.
• Add a tasteful welcome mat to the front door.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Leave your house while it's being shown to potential buyers. Your presence can make them feel anxious and awkward.
Write a letter about your neighborhood that I can share with potential buyers. Include information on local events, neighborhood amenities and other factors that define the community.
Inside: Leave No Trace
Clean everything! Check for cobwebs on ceilings, dust on baseboards – everything.
De-clutter. Then de-clutter again. Rent a storage locker if you need to. This is very important for increasing your home's appeal.
• Add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.
• Remove family photos and excessive wall decorations.
• Remove personal items, such as DVD collections and trophies.
• Replace worn carpets, and shampoo carpets that are dirty but still in good shape.
• Polish wood floors.
• Add fresh flowers or plants, but don't overdo it.
• Maximize your home's natural light by opening blinds and shades.
• Do a smell check and address any odors.
• Pet owners: Take Fido or Fluffy with you while your home is being shown.
I can provide additional advice on prepping your home, and also give you insights into the preferences of local buyers.
Good News Community Church
1010 Julia Street
Okoboji, IA 51355
Sunday at 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
652 Okoboji Grove Road
Arnolds Park, IA 51331
Located right off of Highway 71 in Arnolds Park.
Overhead Door Sales & Services has been around since 1985 offering sales and service for commercial and residential garage doors and openers. They offer service for most makes and models of garage doors and openers.
They offer the following brands: Hormann, Haas Door, Wayne Dalton and Great Northern Door Company.
Service area includes NW Iowa and SW Minnesota.
For more than 45 years, we have been providing tax preparation, business planning, financial reporting services and personal financial planning. Founded in 1974, Erpelding, Voigt & Co., LLP has grown to encompass more than 49 professional associates and staff in five locations. As a progressive accounting firm employing the latest technologies, we have developed a reputation for professional excellence through the consistent high quality services we provide. We bring a wealth of knowledge and value to each of our clients.